Being a steward is an important job. You were elected as a steward because you are a leader in your workplace. Your colleagues are counting on you to show them how to make their workplace and union better. The Steward's Guide to Grievance Handling is just one of the tools you’ll need to be a top-notch steward.
Copies of this new guide have recently been shipped by HQ to Locals/Branches. If you haven't received one, or would like more copies contact your PSAC Regional Office, or download a copy as .pdf below.
- Chapter 1 Your duties as a steward
- Chapter 2 Your rights as a steward
- Chapter 3 Solving problems
- Chapter 4 When to file a grievance – and when not to
- Chapter 5 How to file a grievance
- Chapter 6 How to present your case
- Chapter 7 After the hearing
- Appendix 1 Interviewing a grievor: a checklist
- Appendix 2 Specific questions for certain types of grievances
- Appendix 3 Sample grievance forms